Well I had my first go at dehydrating today. I purchased the Excalibur 5-tray 3500 a couple of months ago but just haven’t had time to get started. I looked at the calendar today and realized that I only have a couple of months to prepare for a backcountry trip in Algonquin!
I used cremini mushrooms and was pretty lucky because they didn’t have much dirt for me to clean off. I used a mushroom brush (or could have used a damp cloth) instead of water so I didn’t get the mushrooms any more moist by using water.
I tried my best to cut them all the same thickness.
In the Excalibur!
And, voila! My dehydrated mushrooms!