My gosh these are good! I’m a real lime person, meaning I love limes! So, no doubt these energy bites are right up my alley.
There’s enough lime juice and zest to really kick these up a notch. You’ll be taken away to some tropical island with a cold cerveza in your hand rather than the reality of slogging through a portage, or hiking all day on the trail.
- 1 cup almonds, unsalted
- 1/2 cup cashews, unsalted
- 1/2 cup unsalted macadamia nuts
- 11 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp good quality vanilla
- Juice of 1 lime (or more depending on your love of lime flavour)
- 1 tsp lime zest
- A good pinch or two of sea salt
- Shredded coconut
- Add almonds, cashews and macadamia nuts into a food processor and blend until you get a crumbly mixture.
- Add dates, vanilla, lime juice, lime zest and salt. Pulse until all blended together.
- The mixture should be sticky enough that you can form balls that are bite-sized and roll them in shredded coconut.
- Chill for 30 minutes or put in the freezer until you’re ready to eat them.
Give them a try, they won’t disappoint! The recipe makes about 18 bites.