When you have plans to spend almost 40 nights outside over the camping season, it makes sense to have some variety when it comes to snacks and meals.
I made up these Vanilla Cranberry Energy Bites the same day that I cracked a cerveza and made Coconut, Lime and Macadamia nut energy bites.
I love dried cranberries! I put them in my oatmeal, salads, for snacking and in energy bites. These bites are delicious and super easy to make if you have a food processor.
- 1/2 cup cashews (I use roasted, unsalted for added flavour)
- 1/2 almonds (roasted, unsalted)
- 1/2 organic dried cranberries, chopped
- 7 medjool dates
- 1/2 teaspoon high quality vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- Add cashews and almonds to a food processor and blend until you have a fine ground mixture.
- Add cranberries, dates, vanilla, salt and water. Pulse until all combined.
- Start forming mixture into bite-sized balls. 1-2 teaspoons. This recipe made about 12 bites.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat, or put them in the freezer for a later date.